How much government do we need?
- We need as much government as is necessary and sufficient to protect our individual rights and freedoms.
- We don’t need so much government that we expect it to assume our individual responsibilities.
The best solution to most problems is the solution that maximizes individual freedom and individual responsibility. Wouldn’t it be great if more people practiced self-control rather than trying to control other people?
- Work hard and take pride in your work.
- Save money.
- Don’t spend what you haven’t earned.
- If you incur debt, pay it off promptly.
- Expect nothing from others.
- Express gratittude to those who help you and respect toward those you admire.
- Flatter no one.
- Treat everyone fairly.
- Take responsibility for your actions and their consequences.
- And get off of my lawn!